In order for this website to be able to function, there are some rules that you will have to follow while using it.
- The internet is a network that connects people using computers. The other endpoint is a human being with an inner life just as complex as your own. Act accordingly.
- Consider the reach of the posts you make. Tag content that you expect others might not want to see.
- Harassment and bullying of any kind are not tolerated here. Do not engage with a user if they do not want you to. Do not ask other users to, either.
Obey the law.
- Specifically, UK (server location) and Isle of Man (owner location) law.
- No illegal file sharing, no illegal pornography, no publication of personal protected information, you know the drill.
Spam is not allowed.
- Bots that interact with a user without a users explicit request are not allowed.
- Automated or excessive advertising is not allowed.
Be aware of the nature of the network.
- This website is part of a network of similar websites. Other websites may have different rules.
- The local administration has little control over users of other websites. You can, however, block and mute them - same as local users.
- In egregious cases, remote users or entire groups of users may be blocked from interacting with users of this website.
Admin decisions are final.
- The interpretation of these rules is up to the administration and an admins decision overrides the rules.
- “Technically I did not violate any rule” is an extremely flimsy excuse for behaving badly.
- The rules may be changed or amended when necessary.
These goal of these rules is to ensure a safe and welcoming environment.
- Rule enforcement is guided by this goal.
- Any enforcement action will generally be kept between those involved.
- Try to self-moderate, but do not hesitate to involve an admin when necessary.
- There are presently two people with administrative access to the website, @admin, @sati.
- You can report rule violations via e-mail.
Apps are available for various platforms like Tusky
for Android & Amaroq
for iOS. More apps are available here
Enter 'manx.social' as the instance.